Vegan Thanksgiving: How To Make Vegan Cornbread!
I've been vegan for over a year now (November 1st, 2015 was when I first started) and during that year, I've experimented with many vegan recipes. When people find out about my lifestyle change, they usually have many questions and ask me if I miss eating meat, dairy, fish...etc. I do not miss any of those foods because I found amazing vegan alternatives!
Since Thanksgiving is coming up in a few days, I wanted to share with you a dish that is normally served on this holiday: cornbread! I have always loooved cornbread so it was important to me to find a way to make it vegan-friendly.
So if you're vegan, interested in being vegan or just curious to see how vegan cornbread tastes; try out this quick and easy recipe and add it to your Thanksgiving meal this year!
Below is the recipe for vegan cornbread:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tea spoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 2 quart baking/pyrex dish
- Mix safflower oil, water and maple syrup together
- Mix cornmeal, spelt flour, baking powder, and sea salt together
- Combine wet and dry mixture until smooth
- Pour mixtures into 2 quart baking/pyrex dish
- Bake for 22 minutes
Trust me, this cornbread tastes better than it looks (haha)!
Do you have any vegan Thanksgiving recipes that you're going to try this year? Let me know!
I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving with the ones you love.