Vegan Eats [Superbowl Edition] - Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
One of the biggest holidays in America (arguably) is less than a week away -- The Super Bowl aka Super Bowl Sunday. This is a time when families and friends gather to watch football, amazing commercials and be entertained by the halftime show.
Football may be the main event but food is the glue that completes Super Bowl Sunday. Most Super Bowl Parties have foods like pizza, chips & dip, buffalo wings...etc. All of these foods are calorie bombs -- which is no good for our New Year Resolutions #slimthick.
I wanted to find a healthy recipe to enjoy on Super Bowl Sunday that wouldn't compromise deliciousness (because, well, I love food). I decided to take my shot at making vegan buffalo wings using cauliflower.
I was skeptical at first but when I tasted it everything was right in the world (in that moment).
Here's my recipe for Buffalo Califlower Wings -- I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour (I used spelt flour -- which I found at Whole Foods Market)
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into medium pieces
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. of melted vegan butter or margarine
- Preheat your oven to 450˚F
- Combine water, flour and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until it is fully combined
- Coat the cauliflower pieces in the batter and place in a baking dish
- Bake for 18 minutes
- Combine melted vegan butter or margarine with hot sauce in a small bowl
- Once the cauliflower is finished baking, pour the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower
- Continue baking for 8 minutes
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing and enjoy!
So if you're stuck on finding something bomb to eat on Super Bowl Sunday that won't blow your diet -- try this Buffalo Cauliflower Wings recipe!